Deciding what to wear is an integral part of planning for your senior photo session. But before you get too excited and start brainstorming different looks, there are a few things you should avoid when it comes to your outfit.
1. A sports uniform without the gear. If you’re going to make sports the highlight of your senior photos, don’t forget to bring all your gear with you. A sports uniform looks great, but if you really want to tell a story about your senior year, bring all essential gear along with you.
2. A brand-new outfit. It’s perfectly fine to purchase a new outfit for your senior photoshoot, but don’t try that outfit on for the first time on the day. You never know when something might fit you poorly or if you’ll realize you don’t feel comfortable walking around in a particular clothing item.
3. Spaghetti straps. There is nothing wrong with spaghetti straps, but they can make your shoulders look much wider than they really are. If you do want to show some shoulder, rather go with a strapless dress or top.
4. Graphic tees. T-shirts that have trendy graphics can look good in photos, but will they still be relevant in a few years. Ideally, you want your senior photos to be timeless so choose any graphic tees carefully.
5. Uncomfortable outfits. Everyone has one outfit that they love but that makes them feel slightly uncomfortable. This is not the right outfit to wear for your senior photo session. If you can’t bend and move comfortably, this will show in your images.
6. The wrong underwear. Even the wrong underwear can make a difference to your senior photos. Make sure the color of your underwear doesn’t show through your clothing and that straps aren’t visible. For guys, make sure your boxers or briefs don’t appear above your pants.
With these tips in mind, there’s no doubt you’ll show up to your senior photo session looking and feeling good.